Columbia Junior Team Tennis (JTT) League
Columbia Jr. Team Tennis brings kids together in teams to play singles, doubles and mixed doubles while promoting fun, fitness and friends. Click here for an overview of Junior Team Tennis. Also, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. Please review the information listed below regarding the current season.
CTL Junior team tennis is now on facebook: facebook.com/columbiajtt
July 2016 State Championships
Congratulations to the Woodlands Warriors , coached by Christian Fallaw, for winning 12U intermediate JTT state. They will go to Rome ,GA to represent SC at sectionals.
Columbia JTT had 2 other teams do very well at the championships. The Wildewood 14's intermediate team came in 2nd and the Kings Grant 18's intermediate came in 2nd in their round robin group. The Wildewood team was coached by Kevin Lee and the Kings Grant team was coached by Lisa Echols.
2016 Fall Season
- Registration NOW open- will need a team number to register, Contact email@example.com for this information.
- team number and USTA membership required prior to registration
- Season dates: September-November This includes time for inclement weather and make-up matches
- Ages 8-18
- Skill levels: Beginner, Intermediate
- 3 boys & 3 girls per team MINIMUM requirement
- Fee: $35
- Contact Toni Odom with any questions. If you need a team, please email Toni with child's age, gender and skill level.
NEW FOR FALL. BEGINNER ONLY PROGRAM
- ages 7-12
- Older players welcome
- Tuesday's 5:45 - 7:00 pm at GREENVIEW PARK
- Starts September 13, runs through October 25
- Players learn basic strokes, serving, scoring, calling lines, practice matches
- Parents will also learn tennis terms, how to call lines and scoring
- Cost $20
- Contact Toni Odom, coordinator for more information and how to register
The Columbia Tennis League welcomes all people who play, watch, support or enjoy the game of tennis into our events, programs, membership and leadership and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, sex, race, ethnicity, creed, sexual orientation, color, physical condition or national origin. Moreover, we believe that the growth of tennis hinges on effective outreach to groups that have not traditionally been heavily involved in the sport and we will actively solicit and support the participation of such groups.