The Columbia Tennis League is the local
organization of the USTA in the Columbia, South Carolina metropolitan area. The
league features organized competition throughout the year for adults, seniors
and children. The adult, senior and junior team tennis leagues compete in the spring and fall.
The Mixed Doubles and Combo Doubles and Singles leagues compete in early and late summer.
The fall league is currently underway and schedules are published on Tennis Link. Players may be added to teams through October 31. Playoffs will be required to determine the city champions for some divisions. Please refer to the playoff schedule.
CTL RULE REMINDER: Home captain must contact Visiting captain prior to the match date to confirm the match time (s) and the specific number of courts that home facility will provide to start the match - and/or to work out which positions can play an early or late match. This is especially important because the match times and the number of courts provided by the facility for a team match will vary depending on the facility and the number of home teams scheduled at the facility on the same date.
Everyone is encouraged to read the captain's letter. Team captains are also asked to complete the team information form. Good luck this fall!
Just say no to alternate ratings
The USTA posts the official NTRP ratings on our website, TennisLink, located
at tennislink.usta.com. This is the only public website where official NTRP ratings authorized by
the USTA are posted and can be obtained.
The USTA is aware of other sites that suggest they provide NTRP ratings or player statistics and
skill analysis. Any alleged NTRP related information available on these other sites is not
endorsed by the USTA, is not accurate, and cannot be relied upon. We are in the process of
taking all appropriate actions against these sites available to us.
Oh so close!
Congratulations to CTL's 4.5 Men 18 & Over team, Crunk Junk for winning the 2017 state championship and being finalists in the Sectional Championship. Crunk Junk is captained by Chris Eaker and lost 2-3 in the final match.
2017 Combo Doubles League
The Combo Doubles league offers play for doubles teams whose players have different NTRP ratings. Team play has already started, but players may be added to team rosters through August 10, 2017. Fees are $17/player for the age 18 & up and 40 & up leauges. Fess are $15/player for the age 55 & up and 65 & up leagues. Play begins July 5. Please see the combo doubles captain's letter for complete details. Players are encouraged to review the 2017 local, state and sectional combo rules.
Captains are asked to complete the combo doubles team information form.
2017 Fall Season for Junior Team Tennis
- Registration is open as of August 10. Players will need a team number to register, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for this information.
- team number and USTA membership required prior to registration
- Season dates: September 28 -October 27. This includes time for inclement weather and make-up matches
- Ages 10 - 12, also up to 14 if enough interest
- Skill levels: Intermediate
- Matches on Fridays 5:30 at tennis facilities and clubs around the Columbia area
- 3 boys & 3 girls per team MINIMUM requirement
- Fee: $20 + $3 tennis link fee. Online registration through USTA Tennis Link. Current USTA membership required. An additional fee for team practice/clinic may be required.
- Every t eam needs a parent to be captain
- Team numbers will be emailed to the captains.
- Contact Toni Odom with any questions or inquiries about being placed on a team. Include in the email, age and gender of child, skill level and your local residential area (i.e. Harbison vs. Forest Acres)