The Columbia Tennis League is the local
organization of the USTA in the Columbia, South Carolina metropolitan area. The
league features organized competition throughout the year for adults, seniors
and children. The adult, senior and junior team tennis leagues compete in the spring and fall.
The Mixed Doubles and Combo Doubles and Singles leagues compete in early and late summer.
New Dates Scheduled for Mixed Doubles League State Championships
Thursday, September 7, 2017
The 2017 Mixed Doubles League State Championships have been rescheduled to September 29-October 2, 2017
- To register new players, click here.
- If you cannot attend, click here for a refund.
- For a list of area hotels, click here. Hotels in Florence are making a good faith effort to honor original pricing for the weekend.
The decision to reschedule the championships was not made lightly. We understand that this date may not work in everyone's favor and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding given the unforeseen circumstances of Hurricane Irma.
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Turner at (803) 201-1016 or email@example.com.
Please check for updates on sctennis.com, Facebook, Twitter and on the SC Mixed Doubles webpage as they become available.
Please notify your players directly, in the event they did not provide USTA SC with an email address.
The fall league schedules are published on Tennis Link. Players may be added to teams through October 31. The 2017 Fall season begins the week of September 11. Check times and dates carefully!
CTL RULE REMINDER: Home captain must contact Visiting captain prior to the match date to confirm the match time (s) and the specific number of courts that home facility will provide to start the match - and/or to work out which positions can play an early or late match. This is especially important because the match times and the number of courts provided by the facility for a team match will vary depending on the facility and the number of home teams scheduled at the facility on the same date.
Everyone is encouraged to read the captain's letter. Team captains are also asked to complete the team information form. Good luck this fall!
Oh so close!
Congratulations to CTL's 4.5 Men 18 & Over team, Crunk Junk for winning the 2017 state championship and being finalists in the Sectional Championship. Crunk Junk is captained by Chris Eaker and lost 2-3 in the final match.
2017 Combo Doubles League
The Combo Doubles league offers play for doubles teams whose players have different NTRP ratings. Team play has already started, but players may be added to team rosters through August 10, 2017. Fees are $17/player for the age 18 & up and 40 & up leauges. Fess are $15/player for the age 55 & up and 65 & up leagues. Play begins July 5. Please see the combo doubles captain's letter for complete details. Players are encouraged to review the 2017 local, state and sectional combo rules.
Captains are asked to complete the combo doubles team information form.
2017 Fall Season for Junior Team Tennis
- Registration is open as of August 10. Players will need a team number to register, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for this information.
- team number and USTA membership required prior to registration
- Season dates: September 28 -October 27. This includes time for inclement weather and make-up matches
- Ages 10 - 12, also up to 14 if enough interest
- Skill levels: Intermediate
- Matches on Fridays 5:30 at tennis facilities and clubs around the Columbia area
- 3 boys & 3 girls per team MINIMUM requirement
- Fee: $20 + $3 tennis link fee. Online registration through USTA Tennis Link. Current USTA membership required. An additional fee for team practice/clinic may be required.
- Every t eam needs a parent to be captain
- Team numbers will be emailed to the captains.
- Contact Toni Odom with any questions or inquiries about being placed on a team. Include in the email, age and gender of child, skill level and your local residential area (i.e. Harbison vs. Forest Acres)